Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Whole Foods Grocery Store Review



Years ago when I was first starting ballet lessons my long-suffering mother was stuck driving me over an hour to ballet class, feeding me, and driving another hour home at least three times per week. In these dark days of parental self-sacrifice, there was a single glowing beacon: Whole Foods. The Santa Fe Whole Foods was paradise in the form of a grocery store and I ate many delicious meals from their deli, not to mention the amazing ciabatta bread loaves! Needless to say, Whole Foods already had a dear place in my heart that was not disappointed by my recent visit to a Vancouver Whole Foods.


When I first moved here, I was overjoyed that there was a Whole Foods a mere seven blocks from my new home. Sadly I didn’t realize that five of those blocks were an uphill battle while walking home and laziness and convenience won out. Now this Whole Foods is much smaller than what I am used to, but still manages to have an excellent produce section. I hadn’t planned on buying many vegetables, but was too tempted by the reasonably priced artichokes and delicious looking golden beets. I should also mention that Whole Foods is one of the few places you can find crucial popcorn ingredients such as nutritional yeast and paper bags. In fact the only disappointment about this Whole Foods was the butcher’s counter. Not only did they have limited meat options, but also the staff had no real knowledge of the products. Despite this, I was very impressed with the organization, selection, and price of the Robson St. Whole Foods. It may not be as good as Santa Fe, but it is still an excellent choice.

Leg of Lamb Sold Out
Panko $3.99/227 g
Star Anise $5.99/20 g
Artichokes 2/$3 (current special sale, regularly $2.49/each)





No comments:

Post a Comment