Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Career Adventures

In the five months since graduating from culinary school, I have been trying desperately to find my bliss and stay afloat financially. This blog has become more than a hobby; it is closer to being an obsession. I think up posts weeks in advance, read books on food photography, and apply for one in a million blogger jobs. This is my passion, but sadly, it doesn’t provide me with income yet. I spent the first month out of culinary school, selectively choosing places to apply. In that month I applied to maybe four jobs. Nothing happened. In the second month I began to get worried and applied to about twenty jobs. I had an amazing interview, but again, nothing happened. Month three was a rush of job applications, with at least one daily, but despite my best efforts, I remained jobless. Last month I decided to take my own kind of action. If I had trouble getting an excellent job, then I would just create one myself.

My dear friend Jaime created her business Allow Me-meals to go, and I decided to do something similar. Thus Adventures with Salt meal prep was born. This was the first week of actually being in business and I believe that the Quiche Lorraine with Garlic Rosemary Mushrooms and Tomatoes was a huge hit. This is the start of a new beginning and with any luck I will soon start to make a profit instead of trading services with wonderful people such as my dog walker Denise. I truly hope that I will soon be able to rely fully on my prep meals and blogging, thus living the dream! For more information about the Adventures with Salt meals, please comment or email adventureswithsalt@gmail.com

1 comment: