Friday, September 21, 2012

Bacon Green Chile Cheeseburgers




I have been working on making the perfect burger for months now. There has to be a suitable balance between toppings and meat. The patty has to be thin enough to bite into, but thick enough to be a mouthful. The outside has to be browned, but the inside needs to be juicy and not overcooked. Despite the fact that I can make a mean salmon with beurre blanc and that my Caesar salad is out of this world, burgers are still a challenge for me.


For my bacon green chile cheeseburger, I chopped the green chile into the patty itself. I have found that this helps keep the flavor evenly throughout.  I also mixed a small amount of Cholula, kosher salt, and pepper. Delicious! For once I cooked it perfectly, but I was somewhat lacking in condiments. In the end the burger was excellent, but I will have to do some more planning before I make this the next time. 

1 comment:

  1. The burger is only the delivery vehicle for the condiments! Especially the Mayo.

    ReplyDelete