Wednesday, March 21, 2012

MarketPlace IGA Grocery Store Review



It can be rather shaming to objectively review a place that you go to regularly and realize that it is not as great as you might think. Unfortunately, this is what happened to me when I went to review the MarketPlace IGA. I do most of my grocery shopping at this store simply because it is 1.5 blocks from my apartment (as the jaywalker runs) and has some organic produce available. I will admit that the first few times I went shopping there, it was extremely difficult to find what I needed. So difficult, in fact, that it took me over fifteen minutes to find the frozen food on my first trip. Somehow I put this behind me and continued to shop there.


Fast-forward eight months and I still go to this same grocery store on a weekly basis. Any time that I need to find a new ingredient results in frustration. This store truly has potential to be great. They have high quality produce, a good frozen section (once you find it), and the cashiers are some of the friendliest people in Vancouver. It is also conveniently located next to the movie theater, near my apartment, and on my way home from ballet class. However, MarketPlace needs to hire someone to do a full reorganization of every product they sell before I resume my regular shopping there. Until then, I will be taking my business to Urban Fare where the prices might be higher, but at least I can always find what I want. Hopefully someday when laziness wins and I go to the MarketPlace IGA, the system will have been fixed and I won’t be forced to wander through chaotic aisles in search of anything from panko to honey.

Leg of Lamb Not sold (can be special ordered-price unavailable)
Panko $2.19/150 g
Star Anise Not Sold.
Artichokes $2.99/ea.

Urban Fare Review

MarketPlace IGA Burrard

No comments:

Post a Comment