Monday, July 30, 2012

A Fruitful Market Day




One of the many things I love about the Pacific Northwest is the huge variety of fresh local fruit available. From apples to cherries and raspberries to plums, there is something for everyone. Thanks to the ridiculously cold June weather, all the fruit harvest was pushed back a few weeks, but we are now at the peak of the berry season and the peaches are finally ripening. Naturally I took advantage of all this bounty and delicious fruits dominated my market haul.

Klippers Organics. Apricots and peach plums. The peach plums were delicious and perfectly ripe, but the apricots still need a little time to reach juicy perfection.

Sandhu Produce Growers Ltd. Raspberries, and blueberries. You may notice that the raspberries are not in the photo this week. My only explanation is that I sat down to eat one and then suddenly the whole pint was gone! Luckily I bought two pints of blueberries and still have some left for my yogurt tomorrow.

Ice Cap Organics. Turnips. These turnips looked absolutely amazing and will be gracing my weekly meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment