Sunday, July 22, 2012

Birthday Pie??


I have to be completely honest and say that I am not a huge fan of cake. It is delicious, but only when you have the perfect piece from the corner with the frosted pink rose. There are always the "best" pieces and then there are the pieces that get lost in the cracks. In fact, unless it is a chocolate hazelnut mousse cake from Chocolate Maven in Santa Fe, I could do without it completely.



And so in lieu of a real post today, I will simply say that it is my birthday. It is my birthday and I had pie. Delicious, fresh, strawberry rhubarb pie! With the rhubarb fresh from the garden and the strawberries summer-sweet. Pie is an equalizer. Every piece is amazing and there are no frosting roses to argue over. Can anyone think of something better than a slightly warm slice of pie with homemade melty vanilla ice cream on top? I think not. Happy birthday to me!

2 comments:

  1. Happy, happy belated birthday Kendra.

    You share it with my new puppy, Toby, he was one year old on your special day.

    Carol in Santa Fe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carol! Happy belated birthday to Toby as well!

    ReplyDelete